Congratulations class of 2019! It’s time to celebrate this new chapter of your life in Ocean City, MD. If you just finished high school and are ready to kick off the summer at the beach, then you’ve found the right place! Ocean City is lucky to have Play it Safe, which is a local organization dedicated to helping senior weekers have an exciting and safe beach trip. Play it Safe hosts numerous weekly events, like beach volleyball, pizza eating contests, dance parties, and more. Be sure to contact one of our hotels (click here) if you want to join in on the fun and find a place to stay!
When: This Ocean City tradition has usually followed the week after senior graduations. Since senior weekers are coming from all over the area, there are many different dates for the end of school, so generally Senior Week ranges from the last week of May to the first two weeks of June.
Play It Safe Activities
The organization will be offering tons of fun, FREE, Ocean City activities from May 29-June 14. All the activities can be found on this calendar, but here are few you definitely don’t want to miss out on!
Mini Golf - In Ocean City every other street has a mini golf course on it. So coming here and not playing at least one round would be just wrong. Luckily Play It Safe offers FREE mini golf throughout these dates, so there is no excuse to not go and enjoy this game with your friends!
Karaoke - Each Friday night, (within the dates above) Play It Safe will be holding karaoke on 3rd St. from 6-8PM. If you wanna show off your singing voice, or laugh with your friends, make sure to check this activity out
SpeedWorld Go Kart Rides - On Monday June 3, and June 10, Play It Safe will be allowing seniors to ride go-karts at Jolley Rogers Amusement Park for FREE! Speed around and race your friends at this fun activity!
Boat Rides - If you want to see the beautiful Ocean City from the Bay, well luckily this organization has scheduled FREE boat rides for seniors. Get the full eastern shore experiences while riding in our fun-filled bay.
Paddle Boarding/Kayaking - Play It Safe has scheduled a bunch of different times you and your friends will be able to use kayaks and paddle boards to explore our ocean area. Splash around in the water, and get some exercise too!
Dance Party - Show everyone your groovy moves at the Dance Parties held on June 6 and June 13! Each Thursday you’ll be able to listen to fun music and dance around with your friends on Carolina St.
Sports Tournaments - Throughout the weeks Play It Safe has scheduled numerous tournaments for you, and your friends to play other seniors in the area. Get involved in 3 on 3 basketball, Beach Volleyball tournament, dodgeball, and Pizza eating contest (if that qualifies as a sport?)
Other Fun Activities!
If you’re looking for more fun in the sun in between these Play It Safe activities, we’ve got you covered. Here’s some more Ocean City activities to enjoy!
- Boardwalk- Take a stroll on our famous boardwalk and see what it has to offer. Shops, arcades, and tons of food are available at each step on the boardwalk.
- Bike the Boardwalk- If you want to get some exercise and still explore our boardwalk, rent a bike! Ride up and down the boardwalk, while enjoying the ocean air.
- Located at #6 Caroline Street Is Bike World Boardwalk Rentals, where you can rent all kinds of bikes for your day of fun in the sun!
- Parasail- If you are a thrill seeker and love going on new adventures than this is the activity for you. Soar over the ocean as you get pulled by a boat
- Beach- Choose between a day at the Ocean City beaches, or drive over to Assateague Island and experience the wild ponies!
- Shopping- There are many outlet shops nearby, check out Tanger Outlets in Rehoboth DE or the Ocean City Outlets in West Ocean City!
We are so glad you chose to visit us in Ocean City, MD while you celebrate your graduation! If you’re looking for other things to do be sure to enjoy our beaches, the boardwalk and restaurants too!